Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Am A Survivor.

So I've decided that the first experience I'm going to write about is the one that means the most to me. This shoot is the one that holds the key to my campaign. I was born premature and have had a lot of medical problems and surgeries throughout my life. I never thought that I could model, it was always a dream of mine, but I thought to myself "there's no way I could ever model, I'm not tall, not experienced, and I have scars all over my body." Little did I know this was very untrue. I was scouted at 14 by Elite Model Management and they wanted me to go model for Vouge in Europe, being 14 I didn't realize the opportunity I had in front of me and chose to turn it down for 2 reasons, 1. I didn't want my mom to pay $7,000 for a portfolio and 2. I couldn't miss my competition. I was on a competitive cheer team and it was my life at the time, not modeling. Years passed and I was living in St. George for school, my best friend was doing a photoshoot, I went along and fell in love! (I'll explain this later) As I began modeling my eyes were opened. Opened to the fact that I could follow my dream of modeling and be successful! I came up with the idea that I wanted to inspire others and be a spokesperson, letting others know that "No matter what you go through in life you can pursue your dreams with confidence and beauty." I am the living proof of this and this photoshoot shows you why.

I found a photographer and makeup artist and we came up with the idea of displaying my battle on my body while I showed confidence in my campaign. This shoot was so much fun for me and is the closest to my heart! No doubt in my mind that I couldn't have done it without KC Photography and Color Me Beautiful. I was a little nervous since it was my first time working with this team, but I've known Kyra (KC Photography) since middle school and she was good friends with Heather (Color Me Beautiful by Heather Shelton) so I knew I would be fine. Sadly I woke up the morning of the shoot with absolutely NO voice, sometimes I would squeak and sounded horrible, I was hoping the girls would understand. I was so embarrassed! We decided that we wanted the focus to be on my body not my clothes or face (which usually people would hate the focus on their bodies, in this case, it was different) so we kept makeup and hair simple. It seems like I had a billion mile long list of medical battles to list onto my tiny body! Luckily Heather is amazing and we found a way to make it work with lots of eyeliner and artistic talent of handwriting. Haha after finally finishing up the list we got to shoot! I made a sign that says, "I am a miracle, I am determined, I am strong, I Am A Survivor."  It was an amazing experience and I could NEVER thank Heather and Kyra enough!! I was super nervous to see the photos and was worried it wasn't going to be the message that I was trying to send but Kyra is awesome and got it spot on. I could write for days and days about this shoot, but I'll stop and let you see the end results! If you have any questions at all just ask! <3

KC Photography!
Color Me Beautiful By Healther Shelton!

ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHT KC PHOTOGRAPHY 

(C) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

(c) KC Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment